Today, I am sitting. Literally sitting all day long. I hurt my foot yesterday and I am trying to not stand on it so that I can stand on it tomorrow. This allows for a great deal of time to surf the net. I have been doing it since 9 am. You do the math :)
I have been reading a blog of a family that has, in the past few days had the following things happen to them: their house was destroyed by fire, one son had his appendix removed less than 24 h after the fire, their dog was found dead. All of this AND they still have the FAITH that the Lord is with them guiding them. They grieve, but put HIM first.
I also have 3 friends currently going thru treatment for cancer. What attitudes they have. One is going thru treatment that is very difficult. He got a roomate that is an inmate and long story short, this man and his wife are requesting PRAYERS for the inmate and the guard. Courageous.
This time on the internet has taught me so much. I have goals. My goals have always been to try to do what Jesus would do for others, but I think that I live it less than I like the idea. This week, it is my goal to LIVE it. I need one of those WWJD bracelets that were popular a few years ago.
Often, I have wished for a light that would go off (that only I could see) when my thoughts/actions ventured where they shouldn't. Like, warning DO NOT GO THERE!!!! You will not like the outcome. Catution...turn around NOW!!! OR, STOP and do the opposite of what you were thinking of doing :)
My Daughter!
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment